Friday, April 17, 2009

Another Blog!

Well, I've started another blog this morning - in addition to the one for Market Square Concerts, there is now one for the Harrisburg Symphony where I've posted about the up-coming concert next weekend with Puccini's Tosca, including the conversation Stuart Malina and I had earlier this week about the opera, and also about the YouTube Symphony with Harrisburg Symphony bassist Devin Howell was one of 96 players chosen from around the world, performing this past Wednesday at Carnegie Hall (you can even see a video of the first half of the concert - I'm waiting for them to post the second half, so check back later).

Meanwhile, it was announced yesterday that composer Lisa Bielawa has won this year's Rome Prize and will be spending her time in the Eternal City writing a new work for Market Square Conccerts which will be premiered on the February Concert of the 2009-2010 season! You can read more about that, here.

Meanwhile, it's a gorgeous sunny WARM spring day and I'm going out on my back porch to spend the afternoon reading... and shooing away the rabbits and the deer who are eating my plants... ah, nature...

- Dr. Dick

No comments:

Post a Comment