Saturday, July 17, 2010

Parody: Ur Doin' It Right

Okay, so I saw a friend of mine on Facebook found this "I Write Like" analyzer which informed her she wrote like (take 1) David Foster Wallace, (take 2) Stephen King and (take 3) Arthur C. Clarke.

So I had to try it and plugged in a short excerpt with dialog from the latest installment of "The Lost Chord," my music appreciation thriller parody of Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol."

And it told me...


I write like
Dan Brown
I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

Woo-hoo!!! 

At the New York Times' "PaperCuts Blog," blogger Jennifer Schuessler found out she writes like Edgar Allan Poe. But then a colleague plugged in an excerpt from Poe's "Fall of the House of Usher" and was told he writes like Arthur Conan Doyle.

(If you're curious, I typed in an excerpt from "The Lost Symbol" and was told that Dan Brown writes like Dan Brown.)

Anyway, given the premise of "The Lost Chord," I am perfectly satisfied with this result!

No comments:

Post a Comment